We are saddened to learn of the tragic death of George Cox, aged 45, who sadly died on 28th August 2021. We would like to offer our deepest sympathies to his family at this difficult time.
George suffered an allergic reaction when he was stung by a wasp while gardening last month. He was taken to hospital by paramedics on 22nd August after going into anaphylactic shock, which caused a cardiac arrest. He was placed in an induced coma at the time but passed away on Saturday.
Sarah Baker, Interim Chief Executive of the Anaphylaxis Campaign, said:
“Our thoughts are with George’s family at this tragic time, and we would like to offer our support and advice to them should they wish to get in touch.”
If you have any concerns regarding food or non-food allergies, please call our national helpline on 01252 542029 or contact email@example.com.
Enter your details below and we’ll email you our printable guide featuring the symptoms to look out for and what to do in an emergency.
You’ll also receive our monthly Allergy Outlook email with our latest news, updates and resources straight to your inbox.