Every school class is likely to have at least one pupil with allergies. The most serious allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) usually begins within minutes and is potentially life-threatening. Unfortunately, there have been cases of fatal anaphylaxis happening when a child is at school. Lessons learnt from these tragic cases emphasise the need for all school staff to be able to recognise the signs of an allergic reaction and have the confidence to manage this.
We encourage a whole school allergy awareness approach. Our AllergyWise® for Schools online training course for all school staff includes lesson resource packs to help educate your pupils about allergies, and eligibility for our AllergyWise® School award.