Trading Standards has released a new allergen resource for food businesses in Wales, England and Northern Ireland. This is to help protect the estimated two million plus people living with a diagnosed food allergy in the UK. It is freely available for all local authorities in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The resource includes an allergen awareness presentation video and a handout available in nine languages – English, Welsh, Bengali, Cantonese, Kurdish, Mandarin, Punjabi, Turkish and Urdu.
The project aims to:
• make allergen training material accessible to a wider audience
• increase awareness of food allergies as a serious health issue and help educate about the potentially life-threatening nature of the condition
• inform food business operators of allergen labelling requirements, including changes brought about as a result of ‘Natasha’s Law’
• alert food business operators to the potential consequences of getting it wrong
• raise allergen legal compliance amongst food business operators
• promote the importance of a positive food safety culture and the supply of safe food that consumers can trust
The resources and more information about the project can be found here.
Enter your details below and we’ll email you our printable guide featuring the symptoms to look out for and what to do in an emergency.
You’ll also receive our monthly Allergy Outlook email with our latest news, updates and resources straight to your inbox.