Chair of the Anaphylaxis UK’s Clinical and Scientific Panel, Dr Helen Evans-Howells, covers a bonus episode of Talking General Practice, a podcast from GP online. She talks to editor Emma Bower about how GPs and other health professionals can manage infants with signs of cow’s milk allergy and offers her advice on how to support parents.
Helen is a GP and allergy specialist, and runs the peanut immunotherapy clinic in Southampton Children’s Hospital. She also speaks from her own experience of cow’s milk allergy in her family.
In this episode, she talks about:
• the key symptoms of milk allergy
• the different types of formula that can be used
• when infants may need a referral
• when to do a rechallenge and reintroduce cow’s milk
• how to advise parents on weaning.
Provide your email address to receive our printable guide outlining emergency symptoms and actions.
Additionally, enjoy our monthly Allergy Outlook email, delivering the latest news, updates, and resources directly to your inbox.