Coroner Ian Wade QC has ended the inquest into the death of 18-year-old Shiv Mistry who tragically died on 8th July 2022 while on holiday in Spain. Shiv had a serious milk allergy.
The inquest, held at Beaconsfield Coroner’s Court, Bucks on 7th September 2022, concluded that Shiv ‘was offered and sipped from a Pina Colada cocktail which unknown to him had unexpectedly been mixed with dairy cream instead of the conventional coconut cream, causing him to suffer a severe and unpreventable anaphylactic shock and cardiac arrest from which he died in Costa del Sol Hospital in Marbella on 8th July 2022.’
Anaphylaxis UK would like to extend our deepest condolences to Shiv’s family during this incredibly difficult time. The family have raised much needed funds for Anaphylaxis UK in memory of Shiv and we are extremely grateful for their support.
Anaphylaxis UK would like to re-enforce the following advice: –
What to do if you suspect anaphylaxis
If you are concerned about allergies and would like more information and support, please call our national helpline on 01252 542029 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enter your details below and we’ll email you our printable guide featuring the symptoms to look out for and what to do in an emergency.
You’ll also receive our monthly Allergy Outlook email with our latest news, updates and resources straight to your inbox.