Anaphylaxis UK offer their condolences to the family and friends of James Atkinson who sadly passed away following anaphylaxis due to a peanut allergy in July 2020 after eating less than a slice of chicken tikka masala pizza from Newcastle restaurant Dadyal.
The assistant coroner Karen Dilks recorded a narrative conclusion and said she would support a law change that would force restaurants to publish food ingredients.
Mrs Dilks said she would also write to the Department of Health to urge GPs to regularly review patients who have allergies and educate them about the importance of carrying adrenaline auto injectors.
For more information and advice on managing day-to-day life with a serious allergy, please visit our living with allergies section of the website. Alternatively, if you have concerns or questions about anaphylaxis or serious allergies, please remember that our helpline is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Provide your email address to receive our printable guide outlining emergency symptoms and actions.
Additionally, enjoy our monthly Allergy Outlook email, delivering the latest news, updates, and resources directly to your inbox.