Coroner Richard Middleton has ended the inquest into the death of Georgina Mansergh who tragically died on 11th February 2023 aged 24.
The coroner found that Georgina, from Bournemouth, died from anaphylaxis. Georgina had known allergies to nuts and seeds but had never experienced a serious allergic reaction before.
Georgina was out with her family at The Angel Inn pub in Ringwood Road, Ferndown, when she had the allergic reaction. Paramedics attended and treated Georgina for anaphylaxis but she was pronounced dead at the scene.
Simon Williams, Chief Executive of Anaphylaxis UK, said:
“Anaphylaxis UK would like to extend our deepest condolences to all of Georgina’s family and friends during this incredibly difficult time.
Anaphylaxis is a serious and potentially life-threatening allergic reaction that can occur suddenly and without warning. We are devastated to hear of another young life lost to anaphylaxis. We will continue our work to raise awareness and share information on how to manage anaphylaxis, how to recognise the signs and symptoms, and how to prepare for emergency situations.”
If you have concerns or questions about anaphylaxis or serious allergies, please remember that our helpline is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, to provide information and support.
Provide your email address to receive our printable guide outlining emergency symptoms and actions.
Additionally, enjoy our monthly Allergy Outlook email, delivering the latest news, updates, and resources directly to your inbox.