We are saddened to learn of the tragic death of Ingrid Dale, aged 67, who sadly died on 9th May 2022. We would like to offer our deepest sympathies to her family at this difficult time.
Ingrid is reported to have suffered an allergic reaction when she was stung by a wasp at a restaurant near Benidorm, Spain. She was attended by paramedics who performed CPR but they were unable to revive her, and she was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Anaphylaxis Campaign advises:
For a small minority of people, an allergy to the venom in a bee or wasp sting can cause a severe allergic reaction known as anaphylaxis, which can be fatal. If you experience anaphylaxis to a bee or wasp sting, it’s important that you are taken to hospital and afterwards visit your GP as soon as possible to discuss treatment options.
In the UK, venom anaphylaxis is the second most frequent cause of anaphylaxis outside medical settings and more people are allergic to wasps than bees.
If you are at risk of insect venom anaphylaxis and would like more information and support please call our national helpline on 01252 542029 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also see our factsheet on Insect Venom Allergy here
Enter your details below and we’ll email you our printable guide featuring the symptoms to look out for and what to do in an emergency.
You’ll also receive our monthly Allergy Outlook email with our latest news, updates and resources straight to your inbox.