The European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI) Annual Congress 2020, took place digitally this year from 6- 8 June 2020.
EAACI is an association of more than 11,000 clinicians, researchers, and allied health professionals from 24 countries and includes over 50 National Allergy Societies who work to improve the health and lives of people affected by allergic diseases. Originally planned to take place at the ExCel Centre in London, the congress was switched to a digital platform due to the COVID-19 Lockdown. The congress provided an opportunity for allergy experts and professionals to discuss future avenues, new discoveries and developments in the field under this year’s theme which was ‘Bridging Innovations into Allergy and Asthma Prevention’
The diverse and forward-looking programme included presentations and interactive sessions on:-
- The gut microbiome and allergy
- Latest developments in prebiotics, probiotics and synbiotics
- Weaning and allergies – changes in the guidelines and current thinking
- Diet diversity and the relationship with allergy
- Cow’s milk protein allergy (CMPA) – current guidelines pros and cons
- Benefits of human milk oligosaccharides in the treatment of CMPA
- Novel insights into immunotherapy approaches
- The quality of life of children and adults with food allergy
- Impact of climate change on asthma
- Social Media and allergies – pros and cons
Most of the Congress scientific content is available to registered delegates on the EAACI Digital Congress 2020 platform for a period of six months after the Congress. For anyone not registered, the content will be available for purchase on the EAACI Media Library in the form of thematic packages within the next few weeks.
For details please visit the EAACI website.