AllergyWise anaphylaxis training for families and carers of pre-school children
As the child you care for has a severe allergy, you need to know how to keep them safe. You need to know how to recognise the signs of a severe anaphylactic reaction, what to do in an emergency and all about the things they’re allergic to. You also want tips and advice on travel, food labelling and ‘May Contain’ warnings.
Protect those in your care through easily accessible self-directed study
- Step-by-step guide on what to do in an emergency
- Information on allergen exposure, food labelling and how to reduce the risk of cross-contamination
- Long-term management and how to understand your own individual management plan
- Useful tips and information on managing severe allergies while away from home, while travelling, shopping or eating out
- Best practice for schools managing your child’s severe allergy
Format: Online – start and stop at your convenience
Course enrolment includes:
- Access to step by step guidance showing the correct method for using the different make of adrenaline injector
- Access to medically reviewed fact sheets on the your allergens, frequently asked questions and sections with advice on travel, eating out and label reading
RSA/PLA Insurance Scheme Certified
This course has been approved by the Pre-school Learning Alliance (PLA) as proof of satisfactory training in anaphylaxis – a requirement for PLA members who insure with the RSA/PLA scheme.
Childminders will be considered appropriately trained provided that the AllergyWise course graduate’s certificate is submitted to the PLA insurance team.
For some users, proof of successful completion of this AllergyWise course may be important. To buy a Certificate (£5 plus VAT), there is a link at the end of your course. You will need to achieve a 75% pass rate in the course assessment to qualify.