This free online e-learning course is designed for parents and carers of severely allergic children. This course aims to improve and update knowledge about the everyday management of severe allergies.
- What happens in an anaphylactic reaction
- Early recognition of the signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis
- How and when to use adrenaline injectors, and how to care for these devices
- Crisis management
- The long-term management, such as avoidance of allergens
- What you need to know to lessen the risk of a severe allergic reaction
- Food labelling regulations in the UK and Europe
- The role of parents and carers in enabling schools to support children who have severe allergies
Individuals can work through this course at their own pace, it will take around 1 hour to complete. Upon successful competition of this AllergyWise course (75% pass rate) you can buy a Certificate for £5 plus VAT for proof. There is a link at the end of the course.
To register for this courses, go to our AllergyWise website.
- Costs: Free, optional certificate for £5 plus VAT
- Type of course: Online e-learning
- Time to complete: Approximately 45 minutes
- Designed for: Parents and carers of children (ages 4-16) with severe allergies
Please read our AllergyWise Terms and Conditions