This free online e-learning course is designed for parents and carers of severely allergic preschool aged children and for early years providers. This course aims to improve and update your knowledge on the everyday management of severe allergies and to develop your understanding of how early years providers can support children who have severe allergies.
- What happens in an anaphylactic reaction
- Early recognition of the signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis
- How and when to use adrenaline injectors, and how to care for these devices
- Crisis management
- The long-term management, such as avoidance of allergens
- What you need to know to lessen the risk of a severe allergic reaction
- Food labelling regulations in the UK and Europe
- Allergen avoidance in an early year’s setting
- How early years’ providers can support children who have severe allergies
Individuals can work through this course at their own pace, it will take around 1 hour to complete. Upon successful competition of this AllergyWise course (75% pass rate) you can buy a Certificate for £5 plus VAT for proof. There is a link at the end of the course.
RSA/PLA Insurance Scheme Certified
This AllergyWise course has been approved by the Pre-school Learning Alliance (PLA) as proof of satisfactory training in anaphylaxis – a requirement for PLA members who insure with the RSA/PLA scheme. Childminders will be considered appropriately trained provided that the AllergyWise course graduate’s certificate is submitted to the PLA insurance team
To register for this course, go to our AllergyWise website.
- Costs: Free, optional certificate for £5 plus VAT
- Type of course: Online e-learning
- Time to complete: Approximately 45 minutes
- Designed for: Parents and carers of pre-school aged children with severe allergies, childminders, staff in early year’s settings