Here are some ways you can still raise awareness and funds in the current climate.
Get competitive with ‘In house family challenges’
Design a competition where the losing members of the team donate £1 (or whatever they can afford) to our charity
- Design a Lego structure competition
- Run an Xbox or Nintendo Wii family challenge
- Have a ‘bake-off’ challenge with some free-from recipes and vote for the winner
- Or your own creative family challenge!
Click here to download a Sponsorship Form with Gift Aid
Complete a marathon in May!
Keep fit and healthy and complete a Marathon challenge at the same time.
The main marathon may have been postponed, but could you run/walk or cycle the marathon distance of 26 miles throughout the month of May and fundraise online for the Anaphylaxis Campaign.
- Walk as a family, a little each day
- Run on your own, in a safe quiet area away from others
- Run or walk on a treadmill
- Cycle in a safe open space on your own or with family members, away from others
Follow these steps:
- Simply download your ‘distance diary’ to record your progress.
- Set up an online giving page with Just Giving and say why you are taking on this challenge for us
- Share it with friends and family and ask for support
- Keep people (including us!) posted with your progress on social media
- Get moving in May and complete your Marathon challenge
- Email us your Marathon distance diary and we’ll send you a certificate and badge to thank you for your support!
Download our Distance Tracker to record the distance your family covers. Example of a tracker below:
Connect with friends and family through ‘Virtual Charity Quiz Night’
Use Zoom, House party or another online communication programme to coordinate a quiz night with a difference. Ask each person joining to buy a ticket and use any funds raised to support us.
Click here for some suggested quiz questions
Hold a Facebook fundraiser to celebrate an occasion
Ask friends and family to make a small donation rather than sending a card or present in the post. Every penny makes a huge difference to us.
All imminent events have now been postponed due to the current Covid-19 situation. Please don’t let that stop you planning for an event later in the year. If you have always wanted to hold or take part in event and fundraiser, we can help you to get your planning underway so that as things return to normal, you can make your event happen. Just contact us at [email protected] and we will support you
RESCHEDULED Virgin Money London Marathon: Sunday 4th October 2020
We have 7 amazing runners in the rescheduled 2020 London Marathon, all with very personal reasons for wanting to support the Campaign.
Email: [email protected] or call us on: 01252 546100