Join us and hundreds of others across the country to show solidarity and support whilst raising awareness and funds for people affected by severe allergies!
You can help by donning our signature orange wigs in aid of those affected by and at risk of anaphylaxis & severe allergy for #OrangeWigDay. Orange Wig Day for 2018 has ended, however, there’s nothing to stop you having your own Orange Wig Day or any event that helps raise awareness and funds for us at any point in the year. Click here to order your orange wigs.
What is Orange Wig Day?
It’s our favourite day of the year! The idea is both simple and flexible: you and loads of other people across the country wear a very stylish orange wig (or indeed, anything orange). It’s easy peasy, and super fun!
Some people choose to nonchalantly wear their wig as they go about their daily activities – to work, to the gym, to school, out to lunch, etc. Others host Orange Wig Day parties, cake sales or coffee mornings. Schools organise “wear orange days”, workplaces have dress down days and yes, someone even accepted a dare to go skinny dipping in just their Orange Wig *
*The Anaphylaxis Campaign is not responsible for any bouts of hypothermia sustained during Orange Wig Day 🙂
We’ve got lots of great fundraising ideas and resources to download help you prepare for Orange Wig Day.
- Fundraising ideas for home and work – click here to download.
- Fundraising and awareness raising ideas for schools – click here to download.
- Schools resource pack – click here to download.
- Poster to let people know how to donate – click here to download.
- Sponsorship form – click here to download.
- Fundraiser Press Release template with tips for speaking to the media – click here to download
- Facebook Frames are also available (click on your Facebook profile image and choose “add frame”. Search for “anaphylaxis” to find all of our available frames)
Get wiggy with it on social media
Follow us to keep up to date with our latest Orange Wig Day news. We’re on Facebook @anaphylaxiscoms, LinkedIn, Instagram @anaphylaxis_campaign, Twitter @Anaphylaxiscoms and YouTube. We’ve also got our very own Orange Wig Day Facebook page @orangewigday.
Send us your wig pics by using the hashtag #OrangeWigDay – we look forward to seeing your pictures and posts!