Join us and hundreds of others across the country to show solidarity and support whilst raising awareness and funds for people affected by severe allergies!
On Friday 18th May 2018 you can help by donning our signature orange wigs to support people affected by and at risk of severe allergies and anaphylaxis on #OrangeWigDay.
If you’d prefer not to fundraise, but still want to play your part on Orange Wig Day by raising awareness, you can buy wigs here.
Already have a wig? Thanks for saving your orange wig from a previous Orange Wig Day. Click here to provide us with your details so we can keep you up-to-date on Orange Wig Day 2018.
What is Orange Wig Day?
It’s our favourite day of the year! The idea is both simple and flexible: you and loads of other people across the country wear a very stylish orange wig (or indeed, anything orange) on Friday 18th May 2018. It’s easy peasy, and super fun!
Some people choose to nonchalantly wear their wig as they go about their daily activities – to work, to the gym, to school, out to lunch, etc. Others host Orange Wig Day parties, cake sales or coffee mornings. Schools organise “wear orange days”, workplaces have dress down days and yes, someone even accepted a dare to go skinny dipping in just their Orange Wig *
*The Anaphylaxis Campaign is not responsible for any bouts of hypothermia sustained during Orange Wig Day 🙂
We’ve got lots of great fundraising ideas and resources to download help you prepare for Orange Wig Day.
- Fundraising ideas for home and work – click here to download.
- Fundraising and awareness raising ideas for schools – click here to download.
- Schools resource pack – click here to download.
- Poster to let people know how to donate – click here to download.
- Sponsorship form – click here to download.
- Fundraiser Press Release (coming soon)
- Schools Press Release (coming soon)
- Facebook Frames are also available (click on your Facebook profile image and choose “add frame”. Search for “anaphylaxis” to find all of our available frames)
Get wiggy with it on social media
Follow us to keep up to date with our latest Orange Wig Day news. We’re on Facebook @anaphylaxiscoms, LinkedIn, Instagram @anaphylaxis_campaign, Twitter @Anaphylaxiscoms and YouTube. We’ve also got our very own Orange Wig Day Facebook page @orangewigday.
Send us your wig pics by using the hashtag #OrangeWigDay – we look forward to seeing your pictures and posts!