We are the only UK wide charity operating solely for the growing numbers of people at risk from severe allergic reactions and anaphylaxis.
Anaphylaxis is a severe and potentially fatal allergic reaction. It seriously impedes the lives of those at risk. There is no treatment or cure for anaphylaxis – people at risk have two options: manage their condition and carry adrenaline.
The Anaphylaxis Campaign is the only UK wide charity focused on supporting those at risk of severe allergies. We have been providing information and support to patients and their families for over 25 years.
Our ultimate aim is to create a safe environment for all people with allergies by working with and educating the food industry, schools, pre-schools, colleges, health professionals and other key audiences. Our focus is on medical facts, food labelling, risk reduction and allergen management.
Please support our work by joining us as a member, fundraising or by making a donation. We receive no government funding or grants so your support is vital for us to continue our work supporting patients and campaigning on key allergy issues.
We empower patients, carers and healthcare professionals through our AllergyWise online training. We have a UK-wide network of volunteer-led peer support groups for people whose lives are affected by the risk of an acute allergic reaction. Our aim is to help people with severe allergy to be more confidently in control of their lives.
We actively campaign to raise awareness of anaphylaxis with the general public and with the relevant authorities for better allergy care and treatments.
The Campaign provides tailored services for individual and clinical professional members and also has a corporate membership programme.
What we do
- Providing a Helpline and information services, providing advice by telephone, e-mail, Factsheets, film and online channels
- Running local support group meetings and regional medical meetings
- Food safety developments working with caterers, manufacturers and retailers to raise awareness and protect people from harmful allergens.
- Education – in addition to work with individuals, the Campaign works to educate schools, nurseries, colleges, universities and youth groups in allergy management. We provide online training programmes for families, individuals and carers and for healthcare professionals such as school nurses, first aid trainers, GPs and Practice Nurses.
- Campaigning to improve allergy services within the NHS.
Our corporate members
We work with industry professionals to raise the profile of allergy and enable them to keep consumers safe. Our members give us invaluable support for our work and in return we provide tailored information and advice. We are heavily involved in the development of the latest research and legislative changes.
Some of our corporate supporters include:Food Services & Operators
Our healthcare professional members
The Anaphylaxis Campaign’s Healthcare Professional Membership Programme is specifically tailored for clinical professionals including doctors, nurses and researchers with an interest in allergy.
We give information and raise awareness ensuring healthcare professionals have access to the latest research on allergy treatment and care. At our healthcare professional members’ conferences we provide expert-led talks on the latest research and enable discussion and the exchange of ideas. We also liaise with allergy clinics to share knowledge, which allows us to provide a vital support for the allergic community.