This free online e-learning course is designed to ensure that all staff are fully aware of the signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis, how to provide emergency treatment and the implications for management of severely allergic children in school.
- Understanding anaphylaxis in children
- What happens in an anaphylactic reaction
- Common causes of anaphylaxis
- Emergency treatment with adrenaline injectors
- Management of severely allergic children in school, including: practical tips for avoiding a crisis, school trips and healthcare plans
Staff can work through this course at their own pace, it will take around 45 minutes to complete. Upon successful completion of this AllergyWise course (75% pass rate) you can buy a certificate for £5 plus VAT for proof. There is a link at the end of the course.
To register for this course, go to our AllergyWise website.
The course was developed in conjunction with Wiltshire Children’s Community Services, Virgincare Services Limited. Alison Burge, Children’s Specialist Services Manager for Virgin Care in Wiltshire: “We’ve really valued the opportunity to work in partnership with the Anaphylaxis Campaign to develop these materials, and I am very proud of what we’ve achieved in such a short space of time. The online modules we’ve developed together will support the training that Virgin Care’s School Health Nursing Service in Wiltshire offers to schools across the county.”
- Costs: Free, optional certificate for £5 plus VAT
- Type of course: Online e-learning
- Time to complete: Approximately 45 minutes
- Designed for: School staff (KS1 -KS5)
Free access to this AllergyWise for Schools course has been made possible by a grant from ALK.
We are extremely grateful to ALK for their support.