This free online e-learning course is designed to provide comprehensive information and guidance for pharmacists on the management of severe allergic conditions and the knowledge to effectively support patients with severe allergies.
- Guide to early recognition of symptoms
- Allergic reaction mechanisms
- Emergency treatment
- Dispensing advice and impact on other health issues
- NICE Quality Standards on Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis
This course includes two modules, pharmacists can work through this course at their own pace, each module will take around 30 minutes to complete. Upon successful completion of this AllergyWise course (75% pass rate) you can buy a certificate for £5 plus VAT for proof. There is a link at the end of the course.
The AllergyWise for Pharmacists course was originally developed in conjunction with Boots UK and made possible by a grant from ALK.
To register for this course, go to our AllergyWise website.
- Costs: Free, optional certificate for £5 plus VAT
- Type of course: Online e-learning
- Time to complete: Approximately 1 hour
- Designed for: Pharmacists/Dispensers/Technicians