This online e-learning course has been designed as a ‘train the trainer’ course for School nurses, first aid trainers, community nurses and nursery nurses with responsibility for training others.
- How to recognise the symptoms of a severe allergic reaction
- How to avoid allergen exposure
- How to use all currently licensed adrenaline injectors, including EpiPen, Emerade and Jext
- How to respond effectively in an emergency
- How to manage risks in school, early years and other community settings where severely allergic children and young people are cared for
- How to set up individual healthcare management plans
- How to run your own anaphylaxis training in your school, nursery or other care setting with our easy to follow step-by-step guide
Resources available to teach others upon completion:
- Trainer adrenaline injector devices
- Exclusive film clips showing correct methods for using different devices
- Resources to help you run your own training sessions with confidence including lesson plans, presentations, speaker notes and a step-by-step guide
Healthcare Professionals can work through around 6 hours of self-directed study. Upon successful completion of this AllergyWise course (75% pass rate) you can download your Course Completion Certificate, bearing the RCN accreditation logo.
This AllergyWise course has been accredited by the RCN Centre for Professional Accreditation until July 30th, 2020. Accreditation applies only to the educational content of the programme and does not apply to any product. The course has also been endorsed by the British Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (BSACI). CPD points can be earned by recording reflection of learning gained from this course.
To register for this course, go to our AllergyWise website.
- Costs: £60 plus VAT for professional members of the Anaphylaxis Campaign, £95 plus VAT for Non-members
- Type of course: Online e-learning
- Time to complete: Approximately 6 hours
- Designed for: School nurses, first aid trainers, community nurses and nursery nurses with responsibility for training others
- Licence duration: 12 months
- Course qualification: RCN Certificate on completion
If you are already registered on this course you can log in here.