This online e-learning course is designed to provide GPs and Practice Nurses who are seeing patients face to face every day all they need to know about how to support patients and their families, whether giving a severe allergy diagnosis or supporting their longer-term care.
- Guides to early recognition of symptoms
- Information on crisis management and emergency treatment
- Information on allergen avoidance
- Specific details on how the Primary Care team should manage patients with severe allergies, including:
- How and when to refer a patient to specialist allergy services
- What interim care and support should be given to patients while they wait for their appointment
- What long-term management and support patients need after diagnosis
Resources available to teach others upon compilation:
- Step by step guides to running training sessions
- One for use with patients, families and friends, who may come to the surgery for information about allergies and anaphylaxis
- One foe use with training your colleagues, containing tips and key messages
GP’s and Practise Nurses can work through this course at their own pace, it will take around 4 to 6 hours of self-directed study. Upon successful competition of this AllergyWise course (75% pass rate) you can download your Course Completion Certificate, bearing the RCGP accreditation logo.
This AllergyWise course is Royal College of GPs accredited, British Society for Allergy and Clinical Immunology (BSACI) endorsed and CPD points can be earned by recording reflection of learning gained from this course.
To register for this course, go to our AllergyWise website.
- Costs: £60 plus VAT for professional members of the Anaphylaxis Campaign, £95 plus VAT for Non-members
- Type of course: Online e-learning
- Time to complete: Approximately 4- 6 hours
- Designed for: GP and Practice Nurses
- Licence duration: 12 months
- Course qualification: RCGP Certificate on completion
The AllergyWise for GP’s and Practise Nurse was originally developed thanks to a generous grant from ALK.