AllergyWise Anaphylaxis Online Training for GPs and Practice Nurses
Designed for: General Practitioners | Practice Nurses
OFFER: Join us as a Professional member and save 30% on this course!
As a GP or practice nurse seeing patients face to face every day, you need to know how to support them and their families, whether giving a severe allergy diagnosis or supporting their longer term care.
Improve your knowledge through 4 — 6 hours of self-directed study
- Guides to early recognition of symptoms
- Information on crisis management and emergency treatment
- Information on allergen avoidance
- Specific details on how the Primary Care team should manage patients
with severe allergies, including:
- How and when to refer a patient to specialist allergy services
- What interim care and support should be given to patients while they wait for their appointment
- What long-term management and support patients need after diagnosis
- British Society for Allergy and Clinical Immunology (BSACI) endorsed
- Royal College of GPs accredited
- CPD points can be earned by recording reflection of learning gained from this course
Course time: 4 — 6 hours
Course qualifications: RCGP Certificate on completion
Course enrolment includes: Two step-by-step guides to running your own training sessions:
- One for use with patients, families and friends, who may come to the surgery for information about allergies and anaphylaxis
- One which can be used to train colleagues, containing tips and key messages. The helpful suggestions on how to present this training to others provides a thorough guide to help those with limited experience of teaching
£60 plus VAT (Professional Members)
£95 plus VAT (Non-members)
To register for this course, go to our AllergyWise website.
Other useful links:
AllergyWise Online Training for GPs and Practice Nurses was originally developed thanks to a generous grant from ALK.