Designed for team leaders in care homes for adults and elderly people with severe allergies
Description – this course is designed to ensure that key staff in care homes and day care settings are fully aware of the signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis, how to provide emergency treatment, and the implications for management of people at risk of anaphylaxis in care settings.
Course details – Online course – approx. 50 mins duration. Licence duration: 12 months.
- Understanding anaphylaxis in adults
- What happens in an anaphylactic reaction
- Common causes of anaphylaxis
- Emergency treatment with adrenaline injectors
- Management of people at risk of anaphylaxis in a care setting, including:
- practical tips for avoiding a crisis
- responsibilities of care staff in an acute allergic reaction
- care tasks where allergies could be an issue
PRICE: £10 (plus VAT)
Optional course completion certificate available (£5+VAT) on successful achievement of final course assessment.
To register for this course, go to our AllergyWise website.