This online e-learning course is designed to ensure that key staff in care homes and day care settings are fully aware of the signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis, how to provide emergency treatment, and the implications for management of people at risk of anaphylaxis in care settings.
treatment, and the implications for management of people at risk of anaphylaxis in care settings.
- Understanding anaphylaxis in adults
- What happens in an anaphylactic reaction
- Common causes of anaphylaxis
- Emergency treatment with adrenaline injectors
- Management of people at risk of anaphylaxis in a care setting, including:
- practical tips for avoiding a crisis
- responsibilities of care staff in an acute allergic reaction
- care tasks where allergies could be an issue
Careworkers can work through this course at their own pace, it will take around 1 hour to complete. Upon successful competition of this AllergyWise course (75% pass rate) you can buy a Certificate for £5 plus VAT for proof. There is a link at the end of the course.
To register for this course, go to our AllergyWise website.
- Costs: £10 plus VAT, optional certificate for £5 plus VAT
- Type of course: Online e-learning
- Time to complete: 1 hour
- Designed for: team leaders in care homes for adults and elderly people with severe allergies
- Licence duration: 12 months