AllergyWise anaphylaxis online training for Healthcare Professionals
A “Train the trainer” course originally written for school nurses, and also suitable for: Nursery Nurses who have responsibility for training others.
OFFER: Join us as a member and save over 30% on this course!
As a nursery nurse, you need to know how to care for babies and very young children with severe allergies. With 5 — 8% of children now living with a food allergy and allergies of all kinds on the rise, it has never been more important to be prepared. If you are a team leader or have responsibility for training colleagues in early years, this is the course for you.
Improve your knowledge through 4 — 6 hours of self-directed study
The content of this course is accredited by the Royal College of Nursing (RCN)* and endorsed by the British Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (BSACI). Learn to:
- Recognise the symptoms of a severe allergic reaction when children are too young to articulate distress
- Avoid allergen exposure and cross-contamination
- Use all currently licenced adrenaline injectors, including EpiPen, Emerade and Jext
- Respond effectively to an emergency
- Step-by-step guide to help you run your own anaphylaxis training for others working in early years settings
*This programme has been accredited by the RCN Centre for Professional Accreditation until July 7th, 2018. Accreditation applies only to the educational content of the programme and does not apply to any product.
Course time: 4 — 6 hours
Course qualifications: RCN Certificate on completion
Course enrolment includes:
- Trainer adrenaline injector devices to practise administering
- Exclusive film clips showing correct methods for using different devices
- Resources to help you run your own training sessions with confidence including lesson plans, presentations and speaker notes and a step-by-step guide
RSA/PLA Insurance Scheme Certified
This course has been approved by the Pre-school Learning Alliance (PLA) as proof of satisfactory training in anaphylaxis — a requirement for PLA members who insure with the RSA/PLA scheme. This means that anyone successfully completing our AllergyWise for Healthcare Professionals course can train other people in their organisation to help in the care of severely allergic children.
Childcare staff will be considered appropriately trained provided that:
- The HCP course graduate’s AllergyWise for HCP RCN certificate is submitted to the PLA insurance team
- A list of all staff trained directly by the AllergyWise HPC course graduate is submitted to the PLA insurance team
- All members of the team working with allergic children are directly trained by the AllergyWise HCP course graduate
We continually update the AllergyWise Healthcare Professionals course with new material as this becomes available. Click here to find out how you can update your AllergyWise qualification.
£60 plus VAT (Members)
£95 plus VAT (Non-members)
To register for this course, go to our AllergyWise website.
Other useful links:
Feedback on AllergyWise for Healthcare Professionals
Please read our AllergyWise Terms and Conditions