All patients (and/or carers) who are prescribed adrenaline injectors must be shown how to use them and should demonstrate that they are competent to do so using a practice device. This should be recorded in the medical notes.
If the patient is switched from one device to another, this could cause confusion and so careful retraining will be necessary.
Training and Signposting Materials
1. Trainer pens are an ideal way for healthcare professionals, patients and their families to familiarise themselves with the device and practise using it.
2. Expiry Alert Service provides several reminders that their AAIs are about to expire to encourage getting replacements as soon as possible.
3. Patient Website provides further resources such as training videos and patient specific FAQs
4. Healthcare Professional Website provides further prescribing information and HCP specific FAQs
|EpiPen||Jext||Emerade (currently not available)|
|1. Trainer Pens||http://www.epipen.co.uk/patients/my-epipenr-resources/||https://adults.jext.co.uk/resources/||https://www.emerade-bausch.co.uk/patient/order-trainer-pens|
|2. Expiry Alert Service||http://www.epipen.co.uk/patients/expiry-alert-service/||https://adults.jext.co.uk/resources/||https://www.emerade-bausch.co.uk/hcp/reminder-service|
|3. Main Website for Patients||http://www.epipen.co.uk/patients/||https://adults.jext.co.uk/||https://www.emerade-bausch.co.uk/patient/|
|4. Main Website for Healthcare Professionals||http://www.epipen.co.uk/hcp/||https://hcp.jext.co.uk/||https://www.emerade-bausch.co.uk/hcp|
AllergyWise – Our Online Anaphylaxis Courses
AllergyWise is our online e-learning courses, providing an easy way to learn about anaphylaxis and how to manage severe allergies.
Our Patient Courses
AllergyWise for Adults with Severe Allergies
• Provides individuals with a severe allergy all they need to know about how to manage their condition
• Find out more here – https://www.anaphylaxis.org.uk/information-training/allergywise-training/for-individuals/
AllergyWise for Parents and Carers of Children with Severe Allergies
• Provides parents and carers the information they need to know to manage their child’s severe allergy
• Find out more here – https://www.anaphylaxis.org.uk/information-training/allergywise-training/for-parents-and-carers-of-severely-allergic-children/
AllergyWise for Families and Carers of Pre-School Children
• A course designed for parents and carers of severely allergic pre-school aged children and for early years providers
• Find out more here – https://www.anaphylaxis.org.uk/information-training/allergywise-training/for-families-and-carers-of-pre-school-children/
For our healthcare professionals courses- please click here for details