Designed for: Individuals with allergies
This course is exclusive to Individual Campaign Members. To access this course, ensure that you are logged in and use the link on the Members’ Homepage.
As someone with a severe allergy you need to know how to get on in life while managing your condition. You want to know how to recognise the signs of a severe anaphylactic reaction, what to do in an emergency and to keep up-to-date with the latest medications and treatments. You want to have as much information as possible about the things you’re allergic to and get tips on travel, food labelling, “May Contain” warnings and general allergen avoidance.
Improve your knowledge and protect yourself through easily accessible self-directed study
- Step-by-step guide on what to do in an emergency
- Information on allergen exposure, food labelling and how to reduce the risk of cross-contamination
- Long-term management and how to understand your own individual management plan
- Useful tips and information on managing severe allergies while away from home, while travelling, shopping or eating out
Format: Online – start and stop at your convenience
An AllergyWise Graduate Certificate can be purchased on completion (with 75% pass rate on course assessment)
Course enrolment includes:
- Access to film clips showing the correct method for using the different make of adrenaline injector
- Access to medically reviewed fact sheets on the your allergens, frequently asked questions and sections with advice on travel, eating out and label reading
For some members, proof of successful completion of this AllergyWise course may be important. To buy a Course Graduate Certificate (£5 plus VAT), there is a link at the end of your course. You will need to achieve a 75% pass rate on the course assessment to qualify.
Please read our AllergyWise terms and conditions