We have received the following statement from ALK regarding imported Jext® 300mcg Adrenaline Auto-Injectors from Austria which aim to support and maintain the overall supply in the UK market.
There are supply issues affecting some brands of adrenaline auto-injectors on the UK market. To support and maintain an overall adequate supply, ALK has obtained acceptance from the UK medicines regulator, Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) to import a quantity of Jext® 300mcg from Austria. This stock has an Austrian German language pack, label and patient information leaflet. Although not licensed in the UK, it is equivalent to the UK licensed product and is licensed in Austria.
Each device will be supplied in a clear envelope which will also contain an English language UK Patient Information Leaflet. Patients can also visit www.jext.co.uk to view training videos and further information as well as order Jext® training devices. Additionally, the Jext® app can be downloaded for iPhone and Android which also contains information on how to use Jext®.
This notice only applies to Jext® 300mcg in the following batch numbers: B4509, B4587, B4813, B4722 and B4727.
Further information for Patients
- You should retain the English language UK Patient Information Leaflet supplied with the product.
- You can find additional information on how to use Jext® and order training devices on jext.co.uk.
- You can be confident that your device is equivalent to the UK product and will work in exactly the same way.
- You should obtain a new device near the end of the month of expiry marked on the box and device. You are encouraged to sign up for the Expiry Alert Service.
- You should continue to check periodically the viewing window in the label of their device to ensure the liquid inside is clear and colourless. Do not use the device if the liquid is discoloured.
- You should consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have any concerns regarding this announcement. ALK cannot give specific treatment advice to patients.
If you have any questions, you can contact our helpline team at [email protected] or call 01252 542029