With festival season just around the corner we thought we’d get you in the mood with an easy guide to managing your allergy while enjoying the music, fun and (hopefully) sun.
it to overheat, which could reduce the effectiveness of the adrenaline. You can purchase special bags to keep your AAIs cool at http://www.medpac.co.uk/
Don’t be afraid to use your adrenaline. Using it, even if not needed, is unlikely to cause any problems. As adrenaline is a natural hormone present in your body i.e. from nerves, exertion, or excitement, your body can process with little risk involved.
Always call 999 and seek medical help after using your injector.
- Pack baby wipes and antibacterial gel – these can help if you can’t find a sink or shower
- Don’t eat or drink anything if you don’t know where it came from, or what’s in it – this is a good idea no matter where you are
- Make plans for where to meet friends if you get separated and always carry your mobile phone in case of an emergency.
- Invest in a backup battery pack if your phone is infamous for having a short battery life
- Although we do not condone the taking of recreational drugs please bear in mind that drugs (and alcohol) can make you more likely to take risks and can make a reaction much more severe.