AllergyWise anaphylaxis online training for Healthcare Professionals
A “Train the trainer” course designed for: School nurses, first aid trainers, community nurses and nursery nurses with responsibility for training others
As a school or community nurse first aid trainer or nursery team leader, you need to know all about anaphylaxis and severe allergies, the most common allergens, potential for exposure and how to manage these risks in school, early years and other community settings where severely allergic children and young people are cared for. You need vital information on emergency treatment, as well as longer term care and medications. You also need to know how to set up individual healthcare management plans and teach other school, nursery and care staff members what they need to know to ensure children in their care are safe.
Improve your knowledge through 6 hours of self-directed study
The content of this course is accredited by the Royal College of Nursing (RCN)* and endorsed by the British Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (BSACI). Learn to:
- Recognise the symptoms of a severe allergic reaction
- Avoid allergen exposure
- Use all currently licensed adrenaline injectors, including EpiPen, Emerade and Jext
- Respond effectively in an emergency
- Run your own anaphylaxis training in your school, nursery or other care setting with our easy to follow step-by-step guide
- CPD points can be earned by recording reflection of learning gained from this course
*This programme has been accredited by the RCN Centre for Professional Accreditation until July 7th, 2017. Accreditation applies only to the educational content of the programme and does not apply to any product.
Course time: approx. 6 hours
Course qualifications: RCN Certificate on completion
Course enrolment includes:
- Trainer adrenaline injector devices
- Exclusive film clips showing correct methods for using different devices
- Resources to help you run your own training sessions with confidence including lesson plans, presentations and speaker notes and a step-by-step guide
£60 plus VAT (Professional Members)
£90 plus VAT (Non-members)
If you are already registered on this course you can log in here.